Ready for your kids to break out of the sugar-sweetened cereal breakfast mold, but aren’t sure where to start?
I find that clients often get stuck in the cereal rut because cereal is exactly what we all need on busy mornings: quick, easy, and requires virtually no preparation.
I have nothing against cereal, but cereal day in and day out can get, well… kind of boring. Not to mention that many of those sugar-sweetened favorites are more like dessert-in-a-box rather than a nutritious, filling breakfast. There is also something about the cozy, comfy feeling of a warm breakfast that cereal just can’t beat.
So, if you’re feeling stuck in that cereal rut, here’s the good news. There are all kinds of options for make-ahead breakfasts that can be just as quick and easy as cereal. The recipes below are chock full of protein, fiber and healthy fats to fuel your family well and keep them full until lunchtime, and every single one of them can be made ahead.
Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Sandwiches
- How to Make Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Sandwiches
- Freezer Friendly Spinach Feta Breakfast Wraps
- Ham, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches
- Freezer Breakfast Burritos
- Homemade Healthy Granola
- No Sugar Added Banana Nut Granola
- Honey Vanilla Granola
- 5 Ingredient Granola Bars
- Carrot Cake Quinoa Breakfast Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie ‘N’ Milk Breakfast Cups
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- How to Make Overnight Oats Without a Recipe
- How to Make Creamy Make-Ahead Steel-Cut Oatmeal
- Slow Cooker Banana Bread Overnight Steel Cut Oats
- Slow Cooker Maple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oatmeal
Baked Egg Muffins
- Morning Glory Muffins
- Maple-Sweetened Banana Muffins
- Quick and Tender Whole Wheat Muffins
- Whole Grain Strawberry-Orange Muffins
Turns out, cereal is not the only easy breakfast. With all of these fantastic recipes for make-ahead breakfasts at your disposal, you can have a week’s worth of healthy breakfasts ready to go in no time at all.