This healthy Roasted Veggie Pasta salad with homemade Italian dressing is hearty, delicious and comes together in under 30 minutes. Even your meat-eaters will love it!
If you follow me on social media or know me in real life, you’re probably aware of my obsession with pasta salad.
As far as summer meals go, there’s just not much that can beat it. It’s fast and easy, it tastes great, and it can be made with endless healthy and filling combinations. Plus, you don’t have to heat up the house with the oven in order to make it. That’s a major win in my book.
This particular Roasted Veggie Pasta Salad is my husband’s all time favorite. He requests it pretty much once a week during the summer. And that’s saying A LOT coming from a guy who swore when I met him that a) he didn’t like broccoli and b) he could never enjoy a meal without meat in it.
I think it’s the roasted veggies that suck you in. They get all crispy and carmelized in the oven, making them the perfect crunchy addition to pasta salad. The beans and cheddar cheese are what makes the salad so filling, even without any meat. And the pasta makes it feel just slightly indulgent, like you’re eating a big bowl of comfort food rather than a meal with the word “salad” in it.
And the dressing… oh, the dressing. You can use a store-bought Italian dressing on this roasted veggie pasta salad if you’re really in a hurry. But the Homemade Zesty Italian Dressing takes less than five minutes to make and is just totally divine. Trust me on this.
Whip up the dressing while the water is boiling for your pasta, and you’ll never go back. (Bonus: you don’t need the full amount of the dressing for the pasta salad, so you’ll have some dressing left in your fridge to use on salads or as a marinade later in the week!)
Plus, like most things we like to cook around here on Home Cooked Happy, this recipe is totally adaptable and can be made to fit your family’s preferences. You can use different veggies, swap shredded chicken for the beans or feta for the cheddar cheese… pretty much anything goes here, so you do you.
If you’ve been looking for a great summer make-ahead meal, this is it. Roasted Veggie Pasta Salad keeps incredibly well in the fridge for several days, so just whip up a batch whenever you have a free 30 minutes, and you’ll have it ready for effortless lunches or dinners all week long.
- 1 box whole wheat rotini, cooked according to package directions
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 oz white cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- ¾ cup Zesty Italian Dressing
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover a baking sheet with foil and coat foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place veggies on foil-lined baking sheet. Add olive oil and salt and toss to coat. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping veggies once about halfway through baking time.
- Combine pasta, roasted veggies, beans and cheese in a large bowl. Add dressing and stir to combine.
- Serve pasta salad cold or at room temperature.
Dressing recipe found here: Homemade Zesty Italian Dressing