Looking for an easy 30-minute meal for busy weeknights? These Roasted Veggie Quesadillas are sure to become a family favorite.
One of my favorite weeknight meals is quesadillas. They’re so simple yet still amazingly versatile.
You can make them with all kinds of different veggies and meats, savory or sweet. The favorite in my house, though, are these Roasted Veggie Quesadillas.
The “hardest” part of this recipe is turning your oven on and roasting some vegetables. In other words, this is a really easy meal!
In fact, it’s a great recipe to make with kids of all ages because of its simplicity. Older kids can make the meal from start to finish, and younger kids will love adding their own cheese and toppings to each quesadilla.
Like any excellent weeknight meal, these Roasted Veggie Quesadillas can be made in 30 minutes from start to finish.
Even better, you can roast the veggies ahead of time and store them in the fridge. Then, come dinner time, all you have to do is pile the toppings onto a couple of tortillas, heat for a few minutes in a frying pan, and boom – dinner is served.
If you haven’t noticed, these quesadillas are in fact vegetarian – but don’t let that scare you! The roasted veggies get all carmelized and perfect in the oven, so no one in your family will even miss the meat.
Plus, the meatless nature of the meal is part of what makes it so quick, not to mention cheap to make.
However, if you prefer to mix it up, these Roasted Veggie Quesadillas are 100% adaptable. Have other veggies you need to clean out of your fridge? Roast those up too! Want to add some shredded chicken or black beans for extra protein? Go for it.
What I’m really saying is that you can’t go wrong here. Roasted Veggie Quesadillas are the super easy weeknight meal that every family needs.
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- ½ large red onion, sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Mexican cheese blend, Monterey Jack, or cheddar)
- Toppings such as sour cream, guacamole, or salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare baking sheet (cover with aluminum foil or spray with non-stick spray).
- Place veggies on prepared baking sheet. Add olive oil, spices, and salt, lightly tossing the veggies to coat evenly. Roast for 20 minutes, flipping the veggies once about halfway through baking time.
- Once the vegetables are roasted, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- To one tortilla, add ¼ cup cheese and one quarter of the roasted vegetables, then top with another ¼ cup cheese. Place tortilla-side down into the warm frying pan and top with second tortilla. Cook for about 3 minutes until bottom tortilla starts to brown, then flip and cook second side for another 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining 3 quesadillas.
- Slice into quarters and serve with whatever toppings you like!
2. Nutrition facts include tortillas, veggies, and cheese but do not include any toppings.